Thursday, December 2, 2010

Character Models in progress





The character model for the girls went through a lot more changes than the old man, as I decided to base their look on a mix of my final character concept art as well as other images that I found online that followed the direction that I wanted for the final look of the girls. I also marked the eyes in red, as I decided to go with more narrow eyes than originally planned. Overall, both girls are a lot less stylized than the old man.





I mutually agreed with my rigger to create only one character model for both girls for a couple of reasons. The first reason is to avoid confusing the audience that this is, in fact, the same character but at different ages. That was something that I was worried about at first. The other is merely to save time by rigging one model and having it be able to swap between both versions. There will be a slider on the final rig that will be keyable, which will allow me to swap between both versions on the fly.




The images above are those of the old man character model in progress as of October. Aside from making minor alterations to the ears and chin, as well as making his hair a little more narrow on the sides, he is relatively unchanged from the final concept art that I had pinned down going into the beginning of the fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment