Thursday, December 2, 2010

Building the Scenes: Research Images

To shift gears a bit, I'm going to move on from talking about the characters and go into the scenes that they will actually be moving around in. I am currently using a multi-node camera to give me the ability to 'pan', 'tilt', and 'roll' separately from each other. It will give me a much more cinematic feel to my camera moves, and hopefully avoid making it look too clean (which can be a problem when dealing with camera moves in Maya).

I basically have four scenes laid out: the main character's bedroom, a hallway, a grassy hill scene, and a hotel lobby.




I used these images to give me an idea of not only what the architecture of the hallway scene should try to mimick, but also some ideas on lighting. I think that I might be leaning towards making it a tad darker than what is shown in these images, but otherwise they were helpful in building my hallway scene. I want it to give a solitary yet cramped feeling.






As for the hotel/lobby space, I looked at images of older lobbies from the 40's and 50's, as that is the era that I'm hoping to evoke. I also like the warm lighting scheme in these images, and hope to do something similar in my scene.

The hill scene was inspired by one of the images previously posted on this blog from my pre-production research images.

No comments:

Post a Comment