Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello World!

Hi, my name is Jordan Prieto and I'm a 3rd year MFA student at USC's School of Cinematic Arts, specifically the Division of Animation and Digital Arts. This blog will focus on documenting the progress of my film from pre-production all the way to the finished film, which is projected to be completed in 2011. I'm doing a massive update today to get up to speed with what I've been up to in the last 6 months, but I will be keeping up with this blog on a regular basis over the next several months as the actual animation and rendering actually comes into play.

The actual story of the film is inspired by Alzheimer's Disease, and elements in the narrative are taken from things that people in my family that have been stricken with Dementia have experienced. In many ways, I'm trying to put myself in their shoes, even if it is also an abstract take on what the main character is going through. Hopefully, I can make a film that is respectful to people that have suffered through this disease, as well as make the audience think about what the possible connection between the main character and the girl is.

The basic plot summary is as follows: A man with dementia awakens and begins to wander about his room, only to begin encountering a mysterious female character that may have a connection to his past. As he begins to follow her, he passes through several different environments, each a place from his past.

No comments:

Post a Comment